Weekly DOE Oil Charts - November 3, 2017Nov 9, 2017·Stefan Wieler
Conclusion: The large draws continue as net imports remain very low. We continue to believe that we are in a large global deficit in 4Q17, but most of the draws seem to show up in the US for now. With Brent at $63.50 at the time of writing, high prices might pose headwinds to demand while higher cost production slowly becomes economical again.
- Very large total draw of -9.7mb, 8.9mb more than normal. Crude built 2.2mb, which was 1.9mb less than normal (and includes a 0.7mb SPR release). Products drew heavily, especially gasoline and distillates
- Implied demand jumped sharp by 2.1mb/d, 4wk average remains close to last years levels.
- Total net imports recovered by 1.7mb/d but are still at a very low 3.7mb/d. The recovery was mainly driven by a decline in exports
- Refinery utilization increased by a further 1.5% this week to 89.6%, which is seasonally very high. Both crude and gross inputs are at seasonally record levels
- Production increased 67kb/d, pushing y-o-y growth to 1.1mb/d
View the Entire Research Piece as a PDF here.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author(s) and do not reflect those of Goldmoney, unless expressly stated. The article is for general information purposes only and does not constitute either Goldmoney or the author(s) providing you with legal, financial, tax, investment, or accounting advice. You should not act or rely on any information contained in the article without first seeking independent professional advice. Care has been taken to ensure that the information in the article is reliable; however, Goldmoney does not represent that it is accurate, complete, up-to-date and/or to be taken as an indication of future results and it should not be relied upon as such. Goldmoney will not be held responsible for any claim, loss, damage, or inconvenience caused as a result of any information or opinion contained in this article and any action taken as a result of the opinions and information contained in this article is at your own risk.