Weekly DOE Oil Charts - July 28, 2017Aug 2, 2017·Stefan Wieler
Conclusion: Neutral stats but impressive nevertheless given that we expected some reversal from the last 3 weeks extremely bullish reports. WE continue to expect larger draws going forward
- Total petroleum stocks built 1.1mb, 1.8mb more than normal and 2.2mb more than expected
- Other petroleum products saw the largest build (3.1mb more than normal), mogas the largest draw (2.3mb more than normal)
- Despite building more than normal, we don’t take this as bearish. Given that stocks have drawn 35mb more than normal in the first 3 weeks of July, we were prepared to see some reversal at some point. This weeks stats don’t reverse the large draws, they just didn’t repeat for a 4th week in a row.
- Implied demand (products supplied) declined slightly week-over week but is still well over last yers levels and the 4 week average demand remains in record territory
- Net imports increased week-over week but are still down 1.2mb/d year-over-year
- Refinery utilization increased 1.1% to 95.4%, 4 week average of crude and gross inputs are at all-time highs
- Crude output up 20kb/d again from last week. It’s up 920kb/d year-over year but we have serious doubts about this number. The DOE monthly data published at the end of July brought large revisions from the weekly output data. Output for May was revised 150kb/d lower, the same as April output. But year-over-year growth was revised 250kb/d lower (April 150kb/d).
View the Entire Research Piece as a PDF here.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author(s) and do not reflect those of Goldmoney, unless expressly stated. The article is for general information purposes only and does not constitute either Goldmoney or the author(s) providing you with legal, financial, tax, investment, or accounting advice. You should not act or rely on any information contained in the article without first seeking independent professional advice. Care has been taken to ensure that the information in the article is reliable; however, Goldmoney does not represent that it is accurate, complete, up-to-date and/or to be taken as an indication of future results and it should not be relied upon as such. Goldmoney will not be held responsible for any claim, loss, damage, or inconvenience caused as a result of any information or opinion contained in this article and any action taken as a result of the opinions and information contained in this article is at your own risk.