Weekly DOE Oil Charts - January 26, 2018Jan 31, 2018·Stefan Wieler
Conclusion: Overall inventories built this week, particularly crude (which is seasonally normal). Cushing still drew, we think this needs to end soon, which probably will require the WTI-Brent gap to close a bit further. Production growth remains very strong. We remain very cautious on flat price at this level.
- This week saw a rare build in total petroleum stocks. The 2.3mb build was 1.4mb larger than normal. Crude built 6.8mb, less than normal, while products saw draws. Interestingly, despite the large build in crude, Cushing continued to decline sharply, down 2.2mb.
- Total products supplied up 0.4mb/d at seasonally very high 21.0mb/d
- Both imports and exports were up this week, leaving net imports up 0.5mb/d from last week at 4.6mb/d, down only 0.4mb/d year-over-year
- Refinery utilization was down 2.8% w-o-w at 88.1%. Input are sharply down as well
- and inputs are back in line with last years levels, but the 4week average inputs remains above last years levels
- Crude output was up a further 44kbd, which brings crude production to almost 10mb/d, up 1mb/d year-over-year
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author(s) and do not reflect those of Goldmoney, unless expressly stated. The article is for general information purposes only and does not constitute either Goldmoney or the author(s) providing you with legal, financial, tax, investment, or accounting advice. You should not act or rely on any information contained in the article without first seeking independent professional advice. Care has been taken to ensure that the information in the article is reliable; however, Goldmoney does not represent that it is accurate, complete, up-to-date and/or to be taken as an indication of future results and it should not be relied upon as such. Goldmoney will not be held responsible for any claim, loss, damage, or inconvenience caused as a result of any information or opinion contained in this article and any action taken as a result of the opinions and information contained in this article is at your own risk.