Our secure and paperless sign-up process to open a Basic Holding can be completed in minutes, giving you quick and easy access to the GoldMoney trading platform.
Additional features can be added to your Holding after establishment by upgrading to a Full Holding, including unlimited funding, delivery, collection of metal, or adding multiple bank accounts. Please contact our Relationship Management team once you have established your Holding for more information.
In addition to the personal details you provide during the online sign-up, please send to us:
1. A scanned image of your government-issued photographic identification document (ID) (what is this?)
2. A scanned image of a recent bank statement for the bank you wish to link to the Holding
These documents are collected for verification purposes only and will not be disclosed to outside parties. So as to allow you immediate access to purchasing metal, we give our customers 15 days to provide their documentation after adding funds to their Holding and purchasing metal.
In order to verify your identity, you must provide us with:
1. A certified copy of a government-issued photographic identification documents (ID) (what is this?)
2. An original or certified copy of a proof of residence document (what is this?)
These documents are collected for verification purposes only and will not be disclosed to outside parties.
We accept the following government-issued photographic identity documents:
• National identity card
• Driving licence (issued in the US, UK, or Canada only)
Please ensure that:
1. The photocopy is clear and that facial features are clearly visible.
2. The document has been issued by a government agency.
3. The document has not expired.
4. If you are applying for a Full Holding, the photocopy of the document has been certified by an acceptable certifier. (what is this?)
If you are unable to provide any of these documents, please contact our Relationship Management team as we may be able to accept alternative documentation.
We will accept an original or certified copy of one of the following documents:
• Utility bill for fixed services
• Bank statement
• Building society statement
• Insurance company document (although not a motor policy)
• Local rate assessment or local taxes bill
• Personal tax assessment
• Tenancy contract or agreement
If you send us an original document, we will return it to you at your given address on request.
Please ensure that:
1. If an original is not submitted, the photocopy is clear and the name and address are clearly visible.
2. The document has been sent to your current residential address and is not more than three (3) months old.
3. The photocopy of the document has been certified by an acceptable certifier (what is this?)
If you are unable to provide any of these documents, please contact our Relationship Management team as we may be able to accept alternative documentation
Residency is deemed to be the principle place of living and is not connected with nationality. When you open a Full Holding, you are required to provide evidence of your principal residential address.
I am going travelling for a year - where is my residency deemed to be?
If you are travelling but still maintain an address in your home country GoldMoney will treat your home address as your residency.
If you do not maintain an address in your home country please use the address you intend to live at upon the end of your travel (family/friends), and provide the necessary proof of residence documents.
I am travelling but may settle somewhere sometime in the future
GoldMoney will consider your residency as the last known maintained address in your home country if you have only recently left this address.
I am going travelling and have left my last known address
Please use the address that you intend to live at upon the end of your travel (family/friends), and provide the necessary proof of residence documents.
I work abroad but have a house in my home country
GoldMoney considers your residence in your home country as long as the proof of residency requirements are met.
Customers resident in the 44 'fast-tracked countries' can get started quickly with a Basic Holding.
Customers resident in the following countries can open a Full Holding:
The Autoriteit Financiële Markten (AFM), the Netherlands financial regulator, considers that GoldMoney “offers investment objects”, which is not allowed in the Netherlands without a licence according to Section 2:55 of the Netherlands Financial Supervision Act (Wet op het financieel toezicht, Wft). GoldMoney has taken a different view and therefore has decided not to apply for a licence.
GoldMoney is already registered to operate as a Money Service Business in Jersey, Channel Islands. We are regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC), which is the main regulatory body for Jersey’s globally recognised financial services industry. We therefore comply with world standard regulation and requirements.
Please provide the following instructions to your certifier:
1. The original document must be clearly photocopied and photographs must be copied so that the facial features in the photocopy are clearly visible.
2. Please write/stamp the following on the copy: “I certify that this is a true and correct copy of an original document in the name of [insert name of applicant]”.
3. Where the copy is of a document containing a photograph, please write/stamp the following on the copy: “I certify that this is a true and correct copy of an original document in the name of [insert name of applicant] and a true likeness”.
4. Sign your name below the above statement and date the certification. Either print your name, position, and any identification number below your signature or stamp each certified copy with your business stamp (if applicable).
You can open a Basic Holding quickly and entirely online if you reside in a “Fast Tracked Country”.
“Fast Tracked Country” is a term used to refer to the following 44 countries:
This limitation results from Swiss VAT rules that apply to the storage of silver and platinum under Swiss customs bond. Customers resident in Switzerland cannot store silver or platinum in the swiss vaults; however, can use the vault facilities that we offer in other countries to store these metals.
If you wish to close your Holding, please send a request through the secure message system within your Holding. Please note, there is no fee to keep your Holding open.