GoldMoney is one of the leading global internet sites for the purchase, storage and management of gold, silver, platinum and palladium. GoldMoney is constantly striving to be at the cutting edge of online precious metals sales. With international expansion and a constantly growing product offering, GoldMoney is evolving at a phenomenal rate. Therefore we are on the lookout for driven and entrepreneurial people to join our ever expanding and extremely exciting business. At the core of our business lies passion, for the industry, the company and the people.
The test manager will produce test strategies and test plans appropriate to the size and complexity of a project and support the project manager by directing and overseeing the activities of a team of software test analysts on a day-to-day basis. This is a hands-on role and from time to time the test manager will also perform the tasks of a senior tester.
The test manager must have an excellent understand of the discipline of software testing and be capable of building a core team of subject matter experts that can add value in an agile development environment.
An integral part of the role will be the planning, preparation, management, and support of the User Acceptance Test (UAT) process. It is expected that during the UAT the test manager will work on site with business stakeholders and therefore some international travel will be necessary.
Flexible, proactive, innovative, and capable of independent action–at times with little senior management supervision–the test manager must be able to drive through sustained improvement within the testing function.
For each project the test manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining agile standards and practices for software testing
- Producing test strategies and test plans appropriate to the size and complexity of a project
- Providing test estimates to the development manager and project manager
- Ensuring software testers allocated to projects have appropriate skills and capabilities
- Managing the testing effort on a day-to-day basis for any given release
- Ensuring compliance with agile best practice for all aspects of software testing
- Proactively managing issues and risks, implementing corrective action as necessary and escalating when they cannot be directly resolved
- Recruitment, appraisals, coaching, and mentoring of software testers
- Leading from the front and acting as a positive influence on the team
- Planning, preparation, managing, and supporting the UAT process
- Managing the deployment and maintenance of suitable testing environments
- Implementing and evolving test quality measurements and metrics
Education, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 6 years testing experience (including UAT)
- Minimum of 3 years as a test manager
- Test Manager Certification (ISEB Practitioner or ISTQB Advanced)
- Test Analyst Certification (ISEB Practitioner or ISTQB Advanced)
- Agile Tester Certification (ideally ISTQB)
- PRINCE2 foundation or above (not essential)
- Extensive experience of managing multiple test projects simultaneously
- Extensive experience in writing test scripts, test plans and test strategies
- Extensive experience of linking business drivers to test strategies and test plans
- Extensive experience of managing test teams in an agile, scrum, or DSDM environment
- Extensive experience of working with bug tracking and test management tools
- Extensive knowledge and experience of automated testing tools and techniques
- A good understanding of the application development lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills in English–written and verbal
- The ability to plan and prioritise own and other people’s work
- The ability to use the Microsoft office suite of products to create and edit documents, spread sheets, emails, project plans and presentations
- Calmness under pressure
- Knowledge of SQL
Core Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- Be a self-starter who defines and leads not follows or stops at blockers
- Possess a good sense of commercial and financial acumen
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information and risks to non-technical users
- Service related focus with the ability to empathise with the customer to understand their concerns and issues
- Ability to present ideas and information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to produce and critique technical documentation in a clear, logical and concise way - relevant to specific audience
- Have an analytical approach to problem solving
- Committed, reliable and flexible
If you are interested in this position, please fill in the application form below.
Upon clicking Send, this message will be sent to GoldMoney. Please note that GoldMoney will reply to the email address you provide above.