Technical Project Manager job profile
GoldMoney is one of the leading global internet sites for the purchase, storage and management of gold, silver, platinum and palladium. GoldMoney is constantly striving to be at the cutting edge of online precious metals sales. With international expansion and a constantly growing product offering, GoldMoney is evolving at a phenomenal rate. Therefore we are on the lookout for driven and entrepreneurial people to join our ever expanding and extremely exciting business. At the core of our business lies passion, for the industry, the company and the people.
The technical project manager will work closely with service stakeholders to ensure each project is delivered on time and on (or under) budget and that business expectations of product quality and service levels are met or exceeded. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-parties to deliver projects according to plan. The project manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of delivery of technology infrastructure projects and extensive experience of implementing services in an ITIL aligned environment. For this role it is expected that the candidate will possess the PRINCE2 practitioner qualification.
You will manage the implementation of a number of technology projects including:
- Implementation of a managed service for IT Service Desk and Service Management, Infrastructure Management and Monitoring, Infrastructure Provisioning and Hosting, Network Management and End User Computing support
- Working with the managed service provider to transform office infrastructure in Jersey, London and Hong Kong: remote working solutions, desktops, email, file and print and network connectivity
You will develop and implement the detailed plan for office infrastructure refresh, reporting status to programme level. You will liaise between the IT Service Management provider and the GoldMoney business to manage expectations and minimise service disruption.
The successful candidate will demonstrate proactivity, flexibility, innovation and an ability to drive through sustained improvement in technology solutions.
You will work in a team environment but must be capable of independent action, at times with little senior management supervision.
- Definition of project scope, goals, success criteria and deliverables in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Ongoing review of costs, risks and benefits to ensure continued business justification
- Definition of roles and responsibilities and management of the project organisation (task allocation, reporting, escalation)
- Production, review and acceptance of project deliverables
- Management of the quality of project deliverables
- Creation and management of the project plan, identifying critical path activities and managing dependencies
- Management of the register of risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies
- Management and reporting of progress
- Detailed resource and activity planning
- Management of project change requests and development of contingency plans
- Management of project communications to team members and stakeholders
- Review and analysis of project highlight reports, identification of issues, selection of treatment approaches and management of remediation plans
- Supervision of project team members, ensuring they are motivated to take accountability for assigned activities and deliverables
- Building, developing, and growing any business relationships vital to the success of the project
Education, Skills and Experience
- Extensive technical background
- Experience of implementing technology infrastructure projects in remote working solutions, desktops, email, file and print and network connectivity
- Experience of managing a number of different software development projects simultaneously
- Experience of understanding business drivers and linking them to business and technical solutions
- An interest in the organisation’s broader aims and objectives and the ability to add value by providing IT advice across all areas of the business
- The ability to use and support the Microsoft office suite of products to create and edit documents, spread sheets, emails, project plans and presentations
- A strong understanding of AGILE, SCRUM, PRINCE2, ITIL and CMMI working practices
- Ideally computer sciences or technology related degree, but not essential if relevant prior experience
Core Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- Be a self-starter who defines and leads not follows or stops at blockers
- Possess a good sense of commercial and financial acumen
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information and risks to non-technical users
- Service related focus with the ability to empathise with the customer to understand their concerns and issues
- Ability to present ideas and information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to produce and critique technical documentation in a clear, logical and concise way- relevant to specific audience
- Have an analytical approach to problem solving
- Committed, reliable and flexible
If you are interested in this position, please fill in the application form below.
Upon clicking Send, this message will be sent to GoldMoney. Please note that GoldMoney will reply to the email address you provide above.